Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daisy Scouts

The Girl Scouts is an awesome organization for young girls.
When I decided to start a Daisy troop for Butter Bean,
I had no idea how fired-up I would be about it.
These folks "speak" my language!
It is a thrilling opportunity to bring all the wonderful things Girl Scouts
stand for to these beautiful young girls.
Our first meeting we worked on the Girl Scout Promise.

We went right to work at our second meeting learning the most important of Girl Scout Laws:
to be Courageous and Strong!
We read and studied monarch butterflies for our inspiration.
Special Guest Mrs. P gave us all the facts about butterflies,
then we read a story about a Monarch Butterfly
and her courageous journey to Mexico.
I gotta Go! I Gotta Go!
I Gotta Go to Mexico.
We gather in the Daisy Circle at the beginning and
the conclusion of each meeting.
The friendship Squeeze deepened the bond the girls have for one another.

Daisy Troop 2182 marches at the Butterfly Flutterfly Parade.
Our first adventure as a group!
Butterflies are Courageous and Strong!
All the girls have red wings representing the Girl Scout Law.

It's our third meeting already and we are celebrating!
The girls learn about the Girl Scout Founder, Juliette Low.
Founders day is Oct. 31.
We celebrate Juliette's birthday by reciting our Girl Scout promise.
Each girl is then awarded her Daisy pin!
What's a party without cookie cake and ice cream!?
The Girls make their own ice cream in zip lock baggies!
They are surprised and thrilled with their treats.

We also make Girl Scout Law bracelets
with colored beads representing
each of the laws we will learn about.
The Girl Scout Law:
I will do my best to be
Light Blue: honest and fair,
Yellow: friendly and helpful,
Light Green: considerate and caring,
Red: courageous and strong, and
Orange: responsible for what I say and do,
and to
Purple: respect myself and others,
Magenta: respect authority,
Green: use resources wisely,
Rose: make the world a better place,
Violet: and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

Our Future in the making.

No comments: