Thursday, September 4, 2008

Worth 10,000 words

Many of our most memorable moments and ordinary occurrences are captured as a digital picture to share with family and friends. Butter has become very accustomed to and tolerant of, the tiny Sony that goes nearly every where we go. Yet, last night at the dinner table a moment occurred that was not documented with a quick flash. It was worth more to me than 10,000 words. Over one of Butter's all time favorite meals of Chicken Cordon Blue (sold by the six-pack at Sam's), a box of Rice-a-Roni and something unique like broccoli (we have broccoli so often we only refer to it this way), Butter pops the BIG question. This is just one of many big questions sure to come and certainly not the only one asked so far. But, I have been waiting for this one. I have wondered and hoped that in her heart of hearts she would feel SOOO loved, that it would seem natural to her.

"Do you know who I am going to marry?" she asks. Well, our Bug Bean friend has already shared with me that he plans to marry our little Butter Bean, so I wait for it........ She never says a word, but all eyes are on the Big Dog Daddy as she flashes her perfect smile and points her finger. Then, as a pendulum swings side to side, her finger points over to the mama on her left! "I'm gonna marry Daddy and Mama!" she exclaims.

Daddy and Mama Bean Beam! Yes, yes, ten-thousand times, yes!

3 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Oh, just LOVE that girl!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Isn't that precious. That's what Jack tells me--that he is going to marry me! Anna, on the other hand, is getting a little older and says going to marry a friend of hers that she's known since she was a baby. We are very close with his parents and they are awesome people, so we just allow her to live this childhood fantasy for now. When the teen years arrive, however, that will be a different story!!

spinning in our own direction said...

All I have to say to that is please see pic # 2 below....