Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Psychedelic Design!

My "Spinning in Her Own Direction" friend told me that is was hard to take me seriously today because of my green fingers. I am not sure if that was just cover for the fact that she never takes me seriously or it's just hard to take someone seriously that loves psychedelic prints. But I will say having green fingers as a price to pay for the project that we started this Monday and unveiled on Tuesday was well worth it!

Thank you so much for the help, guidance, inspiration and companionship of our friends, The Happy Campers! We are SO happy that you joined us Monday. I hope we make you proud. You are an awesome teachers!

Here is the completed first step of our Tie-dye project. These "danishes" were stitched with a center design and soaked in ash soda prior to rolling and dying. My friend shared this link of step by step instructions on the project. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

After a 24 hour wait, Butter Bean helps me unroll our shirts. Check out that color!! Our next step is to rinse and rinse and rinse the shirts to rid them of excess dye. Wow! Am I glad I saved those 5 gallon buckets.

Butter is pleased and proud of her shirt!

Butter Bean took matters into her own hands as she did all the dying for her heart shirt. It looks awesome!!

Our family shirts. Now, we're ready to go to Disney World!

2 comments:

Happy Campers said...

Oh my gosh!!! They turned out AWESOME!!!!! And the heart shirt turned out amazing too...love it that ALL the colors she squeezed out everywhere blended so well and really look pretty together. She even chose the color for the heart :)

Thanks again for letting us come over & mess up YOUR house with the shirts! We're wearing ours right now as we get ready to head to Hollywood Studios for the Day!

LOVE the shirts, great choices in color!!

spinning in our own direction said...

Ahh man you found me out.. HA HA just kidding. THose shirts look awesome. I so think there is a lesson for all of us to do in there somewhere... boy whne you blog you blog...